Thursday, February 17, 2011

Altered Playstation Controller



This is my 15 year old son's project. He decided he wanted to paint his playstation controller. He took the controller apart and painted it black. He then cut out a few shapes in vinyl using my Cricut. He attached the vinyl pieces to the controller and used them like a mask since he wanted those images to remain black. Next he painted the entire controller blue. When dry, he splatter painted with black and then removed the vinyl. He did put a clear top coat over the entire controller. It is really cool despite the poor pictures. The only help he had from his mom was for me to show him where I kept the vinyl and to show him which Cricut cartridge had the image he was looking for.

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

Aw - proud mum! Love it - he is obviously going to follow in your footsteps!

Rx

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is way cool!!

Sherryl said...

Amazing! I love it when the guys get involved, now to motivate mine.

Dragonlady said...

Amazing, I love it.

Hugs Ali x