Saturday, September 26, 2015

Christmas Stitching


One more Christmas card to add to my stash.  Making one card a week all through the year is going to make holiday preparations so much easier.
The challenge this week at 52 CCT is to use real stitching on your card.  
The pattern for my Christmas baubles is from Stiching Cards. You can find the pattern HERE
The patterns are super easy to follow and add an elegant look to your cards.
Whitle I was stitching this card, my husband asked me what I was making.  I held it up and showed it to him.  He said, "Oh, it's a fishing pole and bobbers!"  Bless his heart!
Anyway, I hope you join us for this challenge and I can't wait to see how you add stitching to your cards.


Card Details:
Christmas Baubles pattern from Stitchingcards

Entered in following challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks: Sparkle and Shine (I used sparkly gold thread on the ornaments)
Crafty Girls Creations: anything goes
ABC Christmas Challenge: S is for Silent
Winter Wonderland: Tradtional Christmas

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your stitching work is beautiful Julie. This one is a keeper for sure. Hugs, Gill x

~ginny said...

Wow - that is beautiful! It will be a keepsake for someone!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Renee B. said...

What a gorgeous card Julie! Very elegant!
Hugs, Renee

Basslady said...

a marvellous take on the sketch!

thank you so much for playing along with us at ruby's rainbow challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Leanne said...

Just beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous. Love the details in that stitching. Always makes me feel good seeing this technique. The sparkle is pretty. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT 4CC

Fabiola said...

Oh la la c'est magnifique Julie, je suis émerveillé, biz

shaz earl said...

Brilliant card! great take on our sketch challenge over at Ruby's Rainbow thank you for sharing with us
Shaz DT

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Would you like to join us in our "Quirky Sewn with love" Challenge at Quirky Crafts?
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/09/challenge-20-quirky-sewn-with-love.html#comment-form
Monica.-DT

Tanja said...

your stitching is fabulous

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Beautiful! I laughed at your husband thinking it was a fishing pole! :-) Xx

Patricia Hays said...

Julie, of all the cards you've made for 52CCT, I do believe this is my very favorite! :) The stitched ornaments are amazing, and the pastel color scheme you've chosen is so pretty and elegant. It's a stunning card!

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love those stitched ornaments!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is stunning! I love the stitched Christmas baubles and the colours are so pretty. Great work xx