Monday, April 16, 2018

Ruby Sweet


I am very excited to share another project made using one of the new images from Polkadoodles.
Meet Ruby Sweet. She is available in both a black and white version for you to color and also a precolored version.

 She is gorgeous and I know she will be one of my favorite images to use. Today I am sharing a birthday card but I can see her on so many different types of cards. After coloring her with copics, I painted her dress with extreme glitter paint.  I like to use the Halogram paint. It is clear and paints over the copics beautifully.  When dry, it just gives a nice sparkle. I added a clear gem to her hair for her hair pin.

My card is a gate fold card with a window.  It is super easy to make but I have to admit I did struggle a bit.  The reason why I struggled is I hate to measure.  I prefer to just "eyeball" it.  Anyway, in order to make this card with the layers work, you do need to measure a bit.  
I used very few embellishments for this card because the digi and the papers are all so gorgeous that not much else is needed.  The papers are also from Polkadoodles and are part of the Winnie Sugar Sprinkles paper sets.

Here is the card opened up:


Card Details:
Image: Ruby Sweet from Polkadoodles
Copics
We are Memory Keepers nesting dies
Corner leaf cut from Storybook Cricut cartridge
Gina Marie designs oval die
Paper: Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Paper Heaven 4 kit from Polkadoodles
Paper: Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Paper Heaven 8 kit from Polkadoodles

Entered in the following challenges:
A Bit More Time To Craft: Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft: Anything Goes
Craft Dee Bows: Anything Goes with a Homemade Bow

5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card and image!!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and love your colouring of this image and the design.

Angie Scrapchild said...

It is so sweet!1
Angela DT: http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Lovely design, gorgeous soft pastel colours and beautiful image. Nice work. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

 

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Julie xx
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Dianne DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/